In 1992 I graduated with my master's degree in Psychological Services and Counseling from Marymount University, Arlington, VA. My counseling career started as a Psychiatric Counselor in a community hospital. Several years later, I changed jobs and became a Domestic Relations Counselor with the 18th District Court in Alexandria, VA. There I worked with individuals and families, providing mediation and counseling.
In the mid 90's a long-term relationship brought me to Seattle, Washington. It was a monumental transition moving from the east coast to the Pacific Northwest. After completing my WA state counseling licensure requirements, I accepted a full-time position for a nonprofit counseling agency. My position was to provide counseling services for adults, couples, premarital couples, teens, and children.
During a significant life change, in 2012, I returned to creative writing. For the next four years, I wrote for Elephant Journal, Women's Spiritual Poetry, Rebelle Society, and The Urban Howl as a part-time columnist. I also contributed to five anthologies and several print magazines. It was during that time, I began to dream of writing my first book of poetry and prose. By 2016 that dream came true with my debut book, Blue Clouds.
Each morning, I continue to write poetry, prose, and articles on a wide range of topics. You can check out my blog on this website. As an author and poet, I now have three books published, plus I co-edited an anthology: Hidden Lights. My next biggest dream is to complete my first novel.
Overall, I am a highly sensitive person who is empathic, and intuitive. I enjoy my solitude, as well as, learning, reading, music, and gardening. Spending quality time with my family, close friends and sweet house tiger is essential.
- 2019-2021: Certification in Jungian Psychotherapy
- 2019: Highly Sensitive Person Specialist for Washington State
- 2014: Certified Journal Writing Coach
- 1996: Licensed Mental Health Counselor (WA)
- 1994: Licensed Professional Counselor (VA)
- 1993-1994: Post-graduate studies for licensure, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- 1990-1992: Master's in Psychological Services & Counseling, Marymount University, Arlington, VA
- 1981-1985: Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ